Every second spent wondering, is another second lost that could have been spent changing.

Please follow or give me feedback on what you think. Thank you!! God bless!

Twitter: @ryan_ginsberg (follow)
Facebook: Ryan David Ginsberg (like it)
YouTube: RyanDavidGinsberg (subscribe and watch)
Email: ryandavidginsberg@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Equal as Forks and Spoons





"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Is that an Animal Farm reference? Yes, yes it is. This quote seems to be very relevant in my life right now. Maybe it is just me, but I feel that the people I sometimes find surrounded around me are very, very judging. It isn't necessarily just the words they are saying, but also has a large part in their tone and their body language. Don't get me wrong, I definitely deserve to be judged. I am bad, I am a sinner, I am a mess, I am a disgrace, I am a hypocrite. But there is only one person, one being, that I will ever let judge me; and that is God. I am sorry to those who may not be religious, but bare with me. Every person on this earth makes mistakes, I think we can all agree with that. And if we have made even one single mistake then who are we to judge another's mistakes? Exactly. We are nobody. We have no right. It would be like a fork judging a spoon for not being able to stab at its food, while a spoon laughs at a fork that cannot scoop up its soup. Bad analogy I know, judge me about it. We all possess our special skills. We may be able to do things that others can't, but we are also unable to do things that other people may be able to. We have no reason to judge any person.

So why did I start off with this quote? It is because I feel that society has planted this into our minds. We all walk around like we are the hot sh*t, like we are the bee's knees. Sorry to break it to you, but you're not. And neither am I. WE ARE ALL EQUALS. Not on different levels, we are all on the same level.

Okay, being religious we are consistently told this. But why do I feel like I am being judged more by my religious group of friends? Does it not say in James 4:11-12:
11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?"
Those who consider themselves as being religious should know this better than anyone. Not because they are better, not because they are more worthy, but because these are the words that they have decided to live by. I am not saying that I do not judge, I definitely have my moments, I am saying this because I want to bring it to the light, to get people thinking about the topic. To those whom are religious this verse says that there is only one judge in this world: God.

And to those who are not religious does our Declaration of Independence not state:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts